Monday, March 17, 2008

Still Waiting......and Nesting!

We are now waiting for China to issue us our Travel Approval. Basically this means they contact Ellie's orphanage to verify she is still eligible for adoption and there have been no significant health changes. Once they get word back from the orphanage, they will contact our agency with our Travel Approval. Typically this process takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Our paperwork has been back in China for just over one week now.

We have an advantage that we are travelling by ourselves and do not need to wait for any others to receive their Travel Approval. As soon as we receive our TA, our agency can set up our consulate appointments and we can purchase our airline tickets. I would love to hear something back from China this week still. Recently, they have been getting TAs out in a very timely fashion.....some in actually less than 2 weeks.

I have to admit the Nesting Bug has begun to bite! I cleaned the whole house (even under furniture) on Saturday. It has been awhile since I have tackled that job. Ellie's room is coming together nicely. It is so much fun to decorate a girly room after 2 boys! I also did some shopping last week......bottles, diapers, onesies, jammies, bibs and on and on. It has been almost 10 years since I have had to buy any of that stuff and never in PINK! I did keep myself under control but it sure was fun!

I'll attempt to post pictures of the nursery once the furniture is set up.....hopefully by this time next week.

No comments: